Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- Ever wondered how we measure and categorize particle size? There are a lot of different methods for measuring particles!
- Here’s a great physics puzzle: Aristotle’s wheel makes it seem like two circles with different circumferences travel the same distance. Can you figure out why two different sized wheels reach the end at the same time?
- Continuous powder blending and feeding is a critical step in pharmaceutical manufacturing that allows manufacturers to feed raw granular or powdered materials during production
- Simulation has important implications in the mining industry, where raw materials need to be transported above ground safely and efficiently
- Stoichiometry is the calculation of reactants and products in chemical reactions – it’s essential to many types of chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing – and it can be modeled!
News from Coupi
- Our summer intern, Brianna, wrote a great article on our blog about how all matter is really particulate matter