Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- Bionic eyes have a long way to go, but computer models are helping to shorten the path to new sight.
- We have all spent over a year at least 6 feet apart. New computer models suggest that masks and proper ventilation are better at stopping COVID-19 than social distancing. Is it time to get closer?
- Space hurricanes above earth’s polar cap? It’s not science fiction, but an actual spiral-shaped storm of plasma complete with a shower of electrons.
- Lockdowns due to COVID-19 quickly improved air quality around the globe – what lessons did we learn?
- Kick back, relax, and watch jaw-dropping – yet relaxing – drone footage of the latest volcano eruption in Iceland.
News from Coupi
- Curious if Coupi software and/or consulting can help you? From agricultural products to 3D printing, here are some examples of the ways we’ve helped clients find solutions.