Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- A computer model and a 3D printer are helping researchers improve pasta.
- By creating a life-like computer model, researchers learned that the T. Rex likely walked – not ran – and it was probably slower than humans.
- How do sharks find their way across the vast ocean without directions? Turns out they get help from the Earth’s magnetic field.
- Ancient Mayans significantly altered the environment around them to grow food – changes that can still be seen to this day.
- Space exploration is taking center stage lately. Here’s a video explaining how NASA plans to send people back to the Moon.
News from Coupi
- We founded Coupi with a mission to use innovation and excellence to help our clients reach their goals. Get to know our founders.