Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- Chemical space contains all of the potential molecules in the universe. AI modeling is helping chemists discover more of those molecules.
- Spider webs are delicate, yet also strong. Researchers are turning to computer models to better understand and harness the mechanics.
- Low-permeability oil reservoirs can stop producing within just a few months. Fixing this could increase the number of productive clusters in the United States by a third.
- Computer modeling is helping countries figure out where and when their sea ice and the pollution trapped inside will end up melting.
- Is pressure the same thing as force? Check out this great lesson on pressure to find out.
News from Coupi
- Coupi’s Poyphysica model simulates blending powders for many applications, including for the pharmaceutical industry. Here’s how we do it.