Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- “Digital twins” – complex, realistic models – of cities that include traffic, pollution, and more might help city planners improve urban areas.
- Could we someday have computers create animated movies just using a script? A basic computer program that converts written text into computer animations could be the first step.
- A new computer model developed by the University of California, Davis will help predict if an experimental drug could cause heart problems before anyone takes it.
- New, effective computer models are still being developed to deal with the Coronavirus pandemic.
- NASA is constantly monitoring asteroids to keep us safe. Here are 10 things you might not know about planetary defense.
News from Coupi
- At Coupi, we create accurate models that help solve problems. Learn how we are simulating particles that look and act like the real-world.