Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- An efficient ore transfer and storage system reduces downtime and maintenance costs. Read about how DEM models have been helping mining companies create the best design.
- Artificial Intelligence and smart manufacturing could help make drug manufacturing better – if we can learn to trust it.
- A team in Minnesota is searching for the holy grail – asphalt that develops fewer potholes and cracks.
- Powder bed fusion additive manufacturing is a mouthful, but the concept is simple. A thin layer of powder is melted together, one layer at a time, to build a part. It’s like a 3D printer. DEM models are helping us understand what exactly is happening when the powder is spread.
- Got just one minute? Take a look at this great video all about viscosity and fluid flow!
News from Coupi
- What do slope stability analysis, food handling, drug manufacturing, and agriculture all have in common? They all – along with a whole lot of other industries – can be improved thanks to DEM models.