Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- Do you know what happens to rocks, at the microscopic level, when they break? Computer models tell us the rock particles start to change before any other tests tell us there is a problem.
- Researchers are using our teeth and finite element modeling to create stronger glass.
- To design ways to better contain their wastewater, Canadian miners are using several modeling methods, including DEM.
- Computer modelers are inspired to work together and use their talents to help track, and hopefully stop, the spread of the novel coronavirus – COVID-19.
- From breaking rock to grinding teeth, friction plays a role in many things. Read how friction works here.
News from Coupi
- Coupi’s unique DEM software helps you develop your ideas into successful projects. Here are some of the ways it’s unique.