Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- Thanks to DEM we are finally discovering how renaissance era masons built the self-supporting domes that seem to defy nature.
- Computer models to help target and identify mutations could be the newest weapon in the battle against drug-resistant bugs.
- Researchers in Munich are using computer modeling to improve mechanical ventilation and increase survival rates of COVID-19 and other lung infections.
- Feeling inspired by the recent launch of American astronauts from American soil? A new computer simulation will allow you to test out your skills as a new Martian.
- Here’s how NASA plans to land and stay on the moon with its newest mission, called Artemis.
News from Coupi
- If you have been led to believe that all DEM modeling software is the same, here are some helpful features that set Coupi’s software apart from the rest.