Welcome to our monthly roundup of the best links on the internet about engineering, physics, and computer modeling! This month’s edition is full of interesting videos, articles, and resources to keep you up to date with the world of computer-assisted engineering, and discrete elements methods.
Simulating the Real World
- What are the odds that we’re living in a virtual reality? A new analysis says it’s 50-50.
- Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology used large-scale computer simulations to uncover surprising results regarding the behavior of microgels under compression.
- A new grant to develop a computer model could lead to safer, more effective cardiovascular health devices.
- The pairing of computer models and CAT scanners may help predict the path of wildfires, adding a new strategy to firefighting.
- A lesson in physics: How the laws of physics apply to throwing the perfect spiral.
News from Coupi
- Coupi is using simulations of direct compression tablet creation to help companies mitigate costly issues such as punch sticking, driving product improvements, and optimizing operations in the process. Find out how.